You can use the money we send you for any expense you incur because of the hurricane. It’s there for you to get your family and life back on track. Some examples of these may be:
- Your homeowners insurance policy excess/deductible
- Damage to property not otherwise insured
- Loss of income due to unemployment or reduced working
- Purchasing a generator and/or fuel to restore power
- Purchasing food and water at higher prices
- Alternative accommodation costs
- Cleaning up debris on your property
Or any other costs that you incur as a result of the storm.
Article is closed for comments.